Goals are established with each resident to ensure that they are attainable while also building in some stretch opportunities for residents to reach for. These goals are holistic, multi-dimensional in nature, and are balanced to support mental, physical, and personal wellness. The mind and body are tightly interwoven and influence each other in such a way that the health of one is not sacrificed for the health of another. Finally, case management, while driven by the case manager, rests on an interdisciplinary approach. All members of the team, from recovery and enrichment specialists program directors, are brought together to create well-informed plans.
With that in mind, case management includes the following:
- Assessing resident needs
- Daily check-ins
- Coordinating and confirming appointments
- Transportation or transportation coordination assistance for outside appointments
- Assistance with daily schedule planning
- Goal planning
This is done through:
- Supervision and one-to-one work with residents
- 90-day plans created between the resident, case manager and other members of the care team
- Prompts and reminders, given by all staff, relating to goal-centered tasks.
- Written documentation of weekly and monthly goal progress